To offer to help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610 692-5811.
Here are a few examples of how you can volunteer:
• Help talk to visitors and callers in the party office
• Help a specific candidate’s campaign
• Help the committeepersons in your precinct deliver info to voters
• Register people to vote
• Put out a yard sign for a candidate
• Phone voters to tell them about our candidates
• Greet voters outside the polls on election day
• Help create signs, graphics, or texts
Many thanks for what you can volunteer to do. You’ll feel better about the political process when you take an active role in it!
If the above examples don’t test your abilities sufficiently, please consider:
• Planning to become a committeeperson. There are 2 in each precinct and we can advise you whether there is an open position to which you could be appointed in your precinct or whether it would be good for you to run in the next election (spring 2018). To find out what committeepersons do to contribute to the party’s success, download the PA Dem party handbook here.
• Run for office. See here. Yes, you can do it too!
Do you believe the Democratic Party can help your community, your state and your nation? Then maybe a better question is, why not volunteer?
Democracy is not something we possess and put on the shelf to admire; democracy is a way of living that we need to practice if (to reference Ben Franklin) we are to keep it.
Political change can have a profound effect on our future. You don’t have to be a spectator when you can get involved and make a difference. As the saying goes, “The world is run by those who show up.” Besides, it’s always encouraging and rewarding to work with people who share your interests and goals.
If you can only spare a couple of hours at a time, that helps! The ways you can participate are plentiful: from registering new voters, lending a hand before and during elections by visiting or calling voters, to helping out at our office, there’s lots you can do.
Wherever you are, whatever your talents, we can use your help!