The Chester County Democratic Committee seeks an executive director to lead and/or assist with fundraising, communications, Party and electoral operations. Candidate should be seeking to grow with an expanding county party. This is a full-time position with varying hours depending on the time of the election cycle.
The Executive Director is to assist the Chair and Executive Committee in support of the political, fundraising, communications, and administrative operations of the Chester County Democratic Committee. This ideal candidate will have multiple cycles of leadership roles on political campaigns, a sense of professionalism around politically sensitive matters including donor calls and meetings, extensive training, and the ability to multi-task. The ideal candidate is a collaborative self-starter who is flexible in their day-to-day responsibilities while requiring little oversight. An understanding of Chester County politics, elected officials, and major local political issues is an asset.
- In conjunction with the County Treasurer and at the direction of the Chair, build and implement the party’s annual budget, to enable smooth operation of Party functions.
- Manage and execute call time for Chair and other party leaders as requested.
- Assist the Chair to build and maintain relationships with donors and donor groups, following up as requested.
- Organize, develop, and execute all fundraising events for the Party. Create, maintain, and communicate an annual calendar of fundraising activities.
- Manage the process of identifying, cultivating, and soliciting institutional and major gift donors. Identify and generate new revenue sources and programs for the Party.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Chester County Democratic Committee’s donor databases, including data entry, data clean up, the dedupe process, and data integrity.
- Ensure timely gift acknowledgement and record keeping.
- Support committees engaged in growing and improving voter participation and involvement (e.g., Voter Outreach, Communications, Data Analytics) with email blasts and electronic newsletters, texting campaigns, digital advertising, and phone banking.
- Support Party communications efforts on behalf of the Chair and the Chester County Democrats as directed, interfacing with press as requested.
- Coordinate and execute messaging opportunities for the Party, Chair, and other surrogates (including op-eds and in-person speeches) as directed.
- Maintain all social media accounts and oversee the development/execution of a social media messaging strategy, including email outreach for fundraising efforts.
- Assist in the development and printing of party literature, sample ballots, and other printed materials.
- Work with individual zones leaders and officers to improve their communications intended for voter outreach, with special attention to areas with low voter engagement.
- Support the relationships between labor unions, campaign donors, volunteers, candidates, and other stakeholders. Support the chair as directed to liaise with local committees and their leadership as requested.
- Cultivate a professional environment where stakeholders are encouraged to invest their time, dollars, and resources toward electing more Democrats to public office in Chester County.
- Assist and support strategic decision-making with the Chair and party leaders as directed.
- Interface with Democratic leaders and elected officials, and provide staff support when necessary.
- Represent Chester County Democratic Party in selected panels, coalitions, and meetings with stakeholders, administrative executives, and Party leaders and allies as agreed and directed by the Chair.
- Work with the Bylaws and Convention Committee to organize the Democratic Party Endorsement process and annual endorsement convention.
- Work with the Office Manager and the Chester County Solicitors to plan and execute the Democratic Party election day program, including but not limited to managing needs for watcher certificates, endorsed ballots and legal team support.
- With the Chair, help review, contribute to, and help implement the tactical / strategic plan of the county party.
- Work with CCDC Academy to identify needed and available training programs.
- Work with the Chair, Executive Board, and Finance Committee to develop and manage the operating budget.
- Assist in preparing materials for executive committee meetings, conventions, and special events.
- Maintain Chester County Dems office calendar and Chair’s calendar.
- Hold regular office hours that provide the greatest benefit to the Party members, with weeknight and weekend flexibility.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Chair or Executive Board.
- Registered Democrat with excellent voting history.
- Experienced with conducting political campaigns (including fundraising, field, communications, compliance, and endorsements).
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience.
- Familiarity with political data, latest technologies, and best practices in Democratic politics.
- NGP and VAN proficiency.
- Experience with relationship building with party officials, community leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Experience identifying and cultivating relationships with donors, volunteers, and candidates. Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, ActBlue & Quickbooks.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Willing to be flexible with work hours at important times of the year (petition period, endorsement convention, primary and general election).
- Experience working with diverse communities and with grassroots organizations.
- Results focused and well organized.
- Driver’s license and access to a car.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].