Dear Chester County Democratic Committee and supporters:
I am sure you are all paying close attention to the ongoing spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This is expected to continue and we should all take precautions to prevent any further spread. Guidance from the CDC and PA Department of Health encourages:
• Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow. Do not use your hands!
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items.
• Practice social distancing: stay home if you can, spend time with family and check in on your elderly neighbors.
In the interests of everyone’s safety:
• Committees (and campaigns) should suspend all canvassing and in-person group meetings until further notice. All meetings for the foreseeable future should be held by teleconference. For small groups, freeconferencecall.com is a viable option. We are exploring other conference call providers for our larger meetings.
• Our office will be closed until further notice, and our office manager, Marcy Cornell, will be working from home. If you need support, please email the office at [email protected]/. Marcy will be able to access your email from home.
• All voters should be encouraged to use the new mail-in ballot option to cast their votes for the April 28 Primary. The deadline to apply for a mail-in ballot is Tuesday, April 21. Please use all the distribution lists and contacts you have to encourage this option across Chester County. We are exploring other (affordable) options we can take to make sure all voters are aware of the vote-by-mail option.
Our local and regional elected officials are making difficult decisions on a daily basis. They deserve our thanks and our full support. Everyone should follow the Chester County website, www.chesco.org/, for up-to-date information. There is an Emergency Alert button at the top of the page to sign up for alerts by text or by email.
Please take care of yourselves and one another. Obviously, we all need to follow the news closely as the situation is changing rapidly.
Please stay safe and healthy. We’ll get through this together.
Chair, Chester County Democratic Committee