Freedom, Fairness, and Opportunity for all Americans, regardless of what they believe, who they are, and where they came from are the founding principles of the Chester County, Pennsylvania Democratic Committee. We strive to share these ideals within our neighborhoods, communities, county and country. We work to elect candidates who believe in these as well.
As a part of the Pennsylvania Democrats and within the National Democratic Party, It’s important as Democrats that we identify our central principles not only to guide candidates and inform voters, but also to dialogue among ourselves to reach a position of consensus and respect.
In addition, we offer the following responses based on individual topics.
- For open internet: Open internet v. FCC resolution
- Against gerrymandering: Fair districts v. gerrymandering resolution
- For more women in office: Women in office resolution
- For marijuana legalization: Cannabis legalization resolution
- For statewide single payer healthcare: Single payer healthcare resolution
- in addition, see these statements by the Chesco Young Democrats:
All the above are subject to updating, as political and civic life do not stand still.
We understand that Democrats have a diversity of views on values and issues; we invite interested parties to offer constructive comments and input by emailing us at [email protected].
Pennsylvania constitution, Article I § 28 (added 1971):
~ "Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania because of the sex of the individual."
Chester County Democratic Committee
37 South High St., West Chester, PA 19382
(610) 692-5811 • [email protected]
© 2019 Chester County Democratic Committee