Freedom, Fairness, and Opportunity for all Americans, regardless of what they believe, who they are, and where they came from are the founding principles of the Chester County, Pennsylvania Democratic Committee. We strive to share these ideals within our neighborhoods, communities, county and country. We work to elect candidates who believe in these as well.
As a part of the Pennsylvania Democrats and within the National Democratic Party, It’s important as Democrats that we identify our central principles not only to guide candidates and inform voters, but also to dialogue among ourselves to reach a position of consensus and respect.
In addition, we offer the following responses based on individual topics.
- For open internet: Open internet v. FCC resolution
- Against gerrymandering: Fair districts v. gerrymandering resolution
- For more women in office: Women in office resolution
- For marijuana legalization: Cannabis legalization resolution
- For statewide single payer healthcare: Single payer healthcare resolution
- in addition, see these statements by the Chesco Young Democrats:
- Against hatred and racism, after the Charlottesville attack here.
- In favor of DACA recipients and the DREAM Act here, in English and Spanish.
Please note: It was agreed at the 9/27/17 Executive Committee meeting that the content and wording of the Values & Issues documents would be revisited every 90 days, as political and civic life do not stand still.
We understand that Democrats have a diversity of views on values and issues; we invite interested parties to offer constructive comments and input by emailing us at [email protected].
If you can’t fly then run,
if you can’t run then walk,
if you can’t walk then crawl,
but whatever you do,
you have to keep moving forward.
~ Martin Luther King
Chester County Democratic Committee
37 South High St., West Chester, PA 19382
(610) 692-5811 • [email protected]
© 2018 Chester County Democratic Committee