The following offices will be on the 2019 ballot and soon we will start a page on this site to show candidates as they declare their intentions:
• County Commissioners (3/3 seats; normally the Nov. ballot has two D’s and two R’s, of whom top three win)
• PA Supreme, Superior, and Commonwealth Courts (number of openings still unknown)
• Chesco Court of Common Pleas (2 open seats are currently expected)
• Chesco District Attorney
• Chesco Prothonotary
• Chesco Recorder of Deeds
• Chesco Register of Wills
• Chesco Sheriff
• Magisterial District Justice (1/3 of seats in the County): District Courts 15-2-01 Coatesville Wards 1, 3, & 5 and Valley Township; 15-2-03 West Goshen, Westtown, Thornbury; and 15-3-07 Atglen, Modena, Parkesburg, Londonderry, East Fallowfield, West Fallowfield, Highland, West Sadsbury.
• School Board Directors (1/2 of seats on each board)
• Municipal Supervisor or Borough Council (1/2 or 1/3 of seats)
• Some other municipal officials
If you wish to receive a list of specific seats open and current office holders, contact the CCDC office.
How does the process work?
• Consult others, choose what to run for, start to gather support, set up social media.
• Form an advisory team.
• Start gathering signatures to get your name on the ballot (but not before February 19th)
• Ask for CCDC endorsement at the Nomination Convention, usually in February. Winning that endorsement is helpful, but CCDC helps all candidates to get their names before the public.
• If CCDC does not endorse for that office, then you can ask zone committees for endorsement.
• The winners of the primary election in May (April in presidential years) become the party’s candidates for the general election.
• Then come six months of campaigning to win in November. Of course, our candidates get lots of support from the party and the grassroots.
Help us help you – sign up as a potential 2019 candidate and we will provide regular updates on key dates, available training and support, and more.