by Russ Phifer, committee chair
The Candidates Campaign Committee has three basic objectives:
- Identify candidates for municipal, county-wide and State House District offices
- Provide them with the resources they need for effective campaigns
- Help them win on election day
This committee is open to all Chester County Democrats interested in seeing us win elective offices. We have identified these basic skills which are generally necessary for successful campaigns. If you have skills or interests in any of these areas, our candidates need you:
- Web design/ Social/print media outreach
- VoteBuilder / voter lists
- Event planning/coordination
- Campaign finance
- Campaign management & scheduling
- Speech writing
- Literature preparation & printing
There are over 400 competitive elected positions in Chester County! These include PA House & Senate positions, township supervisors, Judges of the Court of Common Pleas, County-wide offices (Commissioners & row offices), Mayors, borough/city council positions, District Justices, and School Board members. While we cannot hope to help candidates for all of these offices, many are highly competitive based on voter registration. By building our base of experienced office-holders and letting the voters see what we can do, the future of the Democratic Party in Chester County will be bright.
If you know anyone interested in helping, please contact Russ Phifer (firstname.lastname@example.org), Nathaniel Smith (email@example.com) or Bill Schoell (firstname.lastname@example.org). The committee meets the fourth Wednesday of each month at 6:30PM in West Chester Borough Hall, in advance of the CCDC EC meeting.